How often should I service my car?
Wednesday 12th May 2021
As a general rule, it is recommended that you service your vehicle every 12,000 miles or every 12 months – whichever is sooner. However, interim or short services can also be conducted in the meantime – and are recommended every 6,000 miles or every 6 months.
- Short service – perfect for if you want to stay on top of your car maintenance, this can be conducted bi-annually.
- Master service – this can be conducted on a yearly basis, and it covers off a lot more elements than a short service does.
Why should you service your car regularly?
Although people may be put off by forking out for servicing more than once a year, there are many benefits of regular servicing of your vehicle. Some of these include:
- Saving you money – contrary to the first initial payment, servicing your vehicle regularly can actually save you money down the line as it can address concerns before they become potentially larger issues. Learn more about how servicing your vehicle can save you money.
- Safety – car servicing enhances and maintains the safety of your vehicle, and helps you identify problems before they become serious.
- Value – if you’re looking to resell your vehicle in the future, servicing allows you to ensure it’s in good shape for the next owner.
- Increasing lifespan - by regular servicing and addressing any problems early, you can increase the longevity of your vehicle.
For more information, read our guide on why you should service your car now.
Car servicing with Formula One Autocentres
Now you know how often you should have your vehicle serviced, it may be time to book in your service with your local Formula One Autocentre. Choose from either our short service or master service, or if you need any more information, get in touch with our helpful expert team.