Top tips to keep your tyres safe
Check your pressures
- You'll find the recommended pressures inside the drivers' manual. Check the pressure when the tyre is cold, as even a short journey will warm up tyres and raise the pressure.
- Under-inflation can cause tyre damage, uneven wear, and an increase in fuel consumption.
- Over inflated tyres give a less comfortable ride and wear out in the centre of the tread.
- Check the pressure in the spare tyre to ensure it's ready in an emergency.
Check your tread
- Worn tyres means less grip.
- Abnormal or uneven wear can often be an indication of a mechanical defect on the vehicle. In these circumstances the mechanical parts (steering, wheel alignment, brakes) should be checked immediately.
Check for damage
- Look for cuts, cracks and bulges or any other evidence of damage from violent impact or kerbing. Damaged tyres may be illegal and can be dangerous.
If you’re unsure about the condition or pressure of your tyres, just phone or call in to your local Formula One Autocentre and our fully trained tyre specialists will be happy to carry out a comprehensive inspection – completely free of charge.
Suspect a puncture?
Damage caused by driving over a pothole, kerbing or small, sharp foreign objects, all contribute to a slow puncture.
If you suspect you may have a puncture, let our tyre specialists assess it for you.
Formula One Autocentres’ offer a puncture repair service, available to buy online for only £21.00 per tyre, which includes valve and standard balance. Before repairing any tyre, we will carry out certain mandatory checks to ensure that your tyre is suitable to be safely repaired.
To find out more about this service, click here or buy online.