Got a problem with your car brakes and want it fixed fast? Call us!
If you are experiencing any problems or have any concerns with your car brakes, our fully trained brake specialists will be happy to carry out a comprehensive brake inspection - completely free of charge!
Book your free Brake check
Search for your nearest centre and phone to book your appointment, or just call in.
Looking to buy car brakes locally?
Formula One Autocentres, the independent brake specialists, supply and fit car brakes throughout the UK. Find your nearest brake specialist and let us provide you with a competitive quote for your car brakes.
Are your car brakes in working order?
Just like exhausts, when your brakes have a problem, they will let you know. Some of the common signs that you might need to book in for car brake repair or brake replacement include:
- Grinding - A grinding noise when braking could signify that the break pad has worn down to the metal calliper. These pads will need to be replaced so the brake disc is not damaged.
- Juddering - The juddering of brakes when applied often indicates that the brake disc has warped due to heat.
- Pulling to the side - If the vehicle pulls to one side when braking it is often caused by a sticking hydraulic or mechanical component.
- Squeaking - There are a number of reasons that brakes could be squeaking, such as worn brake pads. However, it is indicative of an issue we recommend having a free brake check with F1 Autocentres.
- Sponginess - A loss of efficiency during heavy braking or on a long descent could be a sign that the brake fluid is unable to flow through your system.
- Stiff brake pedal - A high, hard brake pedal can be caused by a variety of things including a missing serpentine belt or an ill-functioning electric pump.
- Rear wheels locking upon braking - This might be caused by the proportional valve not functioning as it should and delivering equal fluid pressure to the entire brake system.
Car brake repair from F1 Autocentres
Learn more about why your brakes may be squeaking from our detailed guide, as well as how to tell if you need new brakes. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or have any other concerns with your braking system, don't wait until it's too late - just phone or call in to your nearest Formula One Autocentre for your free brake check.
To save on brake repair work in branch, download our vouchers.