Got a problem with your clutch or gears and want it fixed fast? CALL US
If you are experiencing any problems or have any concerns with your car clutch or gear box, our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a comprehensive inspection - completely free of charge!
Book your free Clutch check
Search for your nearest centre and phone to book your appointment, or just call in.
Looking to buy a car clutch locally?
We supply and fit car clutches to suit all makes and models of cars. Our car clutches are competitively priced and can be fitted at any of our centres. Get your clutch repaired or replaced at your nearest Formula One Autocentre.
Is your clutch in working order?
Your clutch may not be in working order if you are noticing the following symptoms:
- Difficulty in engaging your gear
- A consistent crunching noise
- Inability to engage gear at all
- A juddering when pulling away from a stationary position
- The engine RPM increases when the throttle pedal is depressed, but vehicle speed does not increase as it would normally be expected to do
- A pronounced burning smell
If you notice any of these symptoms, bring your car into your local Formula One Autocentres for a FREE clutch check, where our fully trained clutch specialists will carry out a full inspection. If they find any problems they will provide you with a full, non-obligation quote for the repairs.
View our detailed guide for more help and information on how to tell if your clutch is slipping, including information on whether you need your clutch repaired or replaced.
A few tips to prolong the life of your car clutch:
The average clutch lasts somewhere between 30,000 to 60,000 miles before the friction disc becomes worn. While all clutches will eventually wear out, there are some simple steps you can take to ensure your longevity in your clutch's life:
- Don't rest your foot on the clutch pedal while driving; you will take up the slack between thrust and release bearings and wear them out
- Don't leave the car in gear with your foot on the clutch at traffic lights for the same reason
- Don't hold the car on a hill by slipping the clutch for longer than absolutely necessary when doing a hill-start. You will wear out the friction surface
- Don't slip clutches deliberately to avoid changing gear
- Do release the handbrake gradually with your thumb on the release button as you lift the clutch and press the accelerator
- Do make sure that there is a little free play in the pedal movement before you start to feel the weight; if there is no slack you may need to adjust the cable housing or the clutch rod
- Do make sure the reservoir is as well topped up as that for the brake system, if you have hydraulic clutch control.
Clutch repair from Formula One Autocentres
If you have any other concerns with your car clutch or gear box, just phone or call in to your nearest Formula One Autocentre. Our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a free clutch and gear box check to assess whether you need your clutch repaired or replaced.