Got a problem with your clutch or gears and want it fixed fast? CALL US
If you are experiencing any problems or have any concerns with your clutch or gear box, our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a comprehensive inspection - completely free of charge!
Book your free Clutch check
Search for your nearest centre and phone to book your appointment, or just call in.
Looking to buy a clutch locally?
We supply and fit car clutches to suit all makes and models of cars. Our car clutches are favourably priced and can be fitted at any of our centres.
A few tips to prolong the life of your car clutch:
- Don’t rest your foot on the clutch pedal while driving; you will take up the slack between thrust and release bearings and wear them out
- Don’t leave the car in gear with your foot on the clutch at traffic lights for the same reason
- Don’t hold the car on a hill by slipping the clutch for longer than absolutely necessary when doing a hill-start. You will wear out the friction surface
- Release the handbrake gradually with your thumb on the release button as you lift the clutch and press the accelerator
- Don’t slip clutches deliberately to avoid changing gear
- Make sure that there is a little free play in the pedal movement before you start to feel the weight; if there is no slack you may need to adjust the cable housing or the clutch rod
- If you have hydraulic clutch control, make sure the reservoir is as well topped up as that for the brake system.
Is your clutch in working order?
The main symptoms of burnt out clutches are:
- Difficulty in engaging gear
- A consistent crunching noise
- Inability to engage gear at all
- A juddering when pulling away from a stationary position
- The engine RPM increases when the throttle pedal is depressed, but vehicle speed does not increase as it would normally be expected to do
- A pronounced burning smell
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or you have any other concerns with your clutch or gear box, just phone or call in to your nearest Formula One Autocentre and our fully trained clutch specialists will be happy to carry out a free clutch and gear box check.