top tyre tips
Check your pressures
- You'll find the recommended pressures inside the drivers' manual. Check the pressure when the tyre is cold, as even a short journey will warm up tyres and raise the pressure.
- Under-inflation can cause tyre damage, uneven wear, and an increase in fuel consumption.
- Over inflated tyres give a less comfortable ride and wear out in the centre of the tread.
- Check the pressure in the spare tyre to ensure it's ready in an emergency.
Check your treads
- Worn tyres mean less grip.
- Abnormal or uneven wear can often be an indication of a mechanical defect on the vehicle. In these circumstances the mechanical parts (steering, wheel alignment, brakes) should be check immediately.
Check for damage
- Look for cuts, cracks and bulges or any other evidence of damage from violent impact or kerbing. Damaged tyres may be illegal and can be dangerous. Contact your tyre distributor immediately for expert advice.
Visit your local Formula One Autocentre for a free check